IBM Trusteer Rapport Software
IBM Trusteer Rapport
IBM Trusteer Rapport is a free, lightweight security application that helps protect you against malware and phishing attacks. We highly recommend downloading IBM Trusteer Rapport to make your Online Banking experience more secure.
Learn more about IBM Trusteer Rapport below.
Why You Should Use IBM Trusteer Rapport
Rapport works by creating a “tunnel” for safe communication with Online Banking. It blocks malicious attempts to steal money from your account. It will help ensure your Online Banking information is secure every time you log into your Bank of Canton accounts.
Bank of Canton has taken measures to protect you against fraud and theft, but one of the biggest risks is the computer you use to bank with. Here are two sophisticated attacks that criminals can use to access your online bank account using your computer:
- Malicious software (or malware) – automatically and silently downloaded onto your computer when you browse the Internet, malware silently captures your login information and transfers it to criminals as you log into Online Banking. It is also capable of silently changing the transactions you execute as directed by criminals.
- Phishing – criminals can build fake websites that look very similar to our website. They do this to lure you into visiting these fake websites and submitting your online banking login credentials. This data is later used to access your online bank account.
It takes days or even weeks for antivirus vendors to identify and remove new variants of financial malware. Until they manage to do so, the malware is still undetected on your computer. Cyber criminals can attack your bank account minutes after you get infected with financial malware and long before it’s detected and removed by your antivirus.
When you connect to Bank of Canton online, Rapport does three main things in the background to make it extremely difficult for criminals to target you:
- Rapport verifies that you are really connected to the bank’s genuine website as opposed to a fake website created by criminals (phishing). Although this sounds trivial, it’s not always obvious that you reach a genuine website when you type your bank’s address into your web browser.
- Once verification is complete, Rapport locks down communication between your computer and the bank’s website. This prevents criminals from hijacking your online connection with the bank.
- Rapport protects your computer and internet connection by creating a tunnel for safe communication with Bank of Canton, preventing criminals from using malware to steal your log-in data and tamper with transactions.
Rapport works alongside your current security software to provide comprehensive protection when you bank online. Rapport also communicates with Bank of Canton’s security systems, providing further protection for your online account and blocking malicious attempts to steal money from your account.
Rapport is very easy to download and use. Simply visit the download page for Trusteer Rapport.
- Customer Assistance: Trusteer operates a 24-hour customer help center to assist you with any questions or issues you may have. They offer live chat, telephone and email support.
- Supported Browsers: You can still have Rapport running even if most of your browsing is done using an unsupported browser. Rapport does not interfere with your browsing. You can always choose to switch to a supported browser when you log onto a sensitive website such as the online banking website.
- System Requirements: For updated system requirements, please visit http://www.trusteer.com/support/supported-platforms.